Friday, November 12, 2010

A Day in the Life - 11/12/10

This is the 1st official post of Rambled Eggs; i would like to thank loneislander for helping me get started.

Now...

This past Halloween I had plans to hang out with my friends and watch some scary movies, but my car ha other plans in mind such as having a transmission problem and pretty much causing the car to stop working.

So i got in touch with my friends, who I’ll call, Toto, and Papa. Papa said that he could get a ride to my house and Toto said that she was still feeling sick and decided to stay home. Not Gonna lie, I have a HUGE crush on Toto and was kinda upset over her not coming but at least papa was coming and some company is better than no company at all.

When Papa came over I told him what happened to my car, and he said "yeah, that sounds like a transmission problem". In the back of mind, I was like “No Shit Sherlock!" and i should mention that he is a mechanic by trade. After he was done looking at it, i said to him that I was going to take it to my mechanic, He told me not to do that because that the mechanic was going to rape me... financially, and it was probably nothing.

Not heeding this warning, I took the car the next day to the mechanic and he said it should take a few days to fix. A few days pass, and I get a call from the mechanic says that the car is fixed......kinda. The mechanic said that with the amount of work they did , plus the cost of the pieces that they need to replace it was gonna be over $800 dollars, but because he is a family friend he made it $500 and if there was a problem with it again to return it to him and he'll fix it for free. but he also stated that the was some kinda switch that need to be installed on to the car and that was gonna take a few days to get the part because they need to order it, so that'll be another few days.

Yesterday, I get a call from the mechanic and he says that the piece came in, and that i could bring the car back in to have the piece installed. So today, i brought the car in and now they will be installing the part which would cost another $200-$300.

So yeah... Fun times all!

4 comments:

  1. well hello and welcome to blogspot. so did you get your car sorted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the welcome, but right now my car is still at the mechanic and he said that it was gonna take about 1-2 days to install the part... so no not yet but soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been raped by mechanics as well... financially. My cousin recommended me to her good mechanic, however, and things have been pretty good so far. Great customer service and they have done some free work for me before because of silly things, so I am happy with them. it's all about finding the right mechanic for you.

    ReplyDelete